Pets are welcome at Forda!
We believe the family dog is just that, a much loved and valued member of the family! Being dog owners ourselves, we know that a holiday without them sometimes just doesn’t feel right! That is why we are happy to accept well-trained, clean and well-behaved dogs, as well as some other small domestic pets.
We accept pets in half of our lodges (but sorry, not in the Barn or Stables), but please do call us to discuss availability and any issues that might arise before booking your holiday with us. We will also want to know which breed and size your dog is.
As a courtesy to other guests, we kindly ask pet owners to observe some simple guidelines:
- Pets are not permitted in the Amenities Building
- Please bring their own bedding and bowls
- Pets must be kept under control at all times
- Please exercise pets away from the residential areas and we ask that guests clean up after their pets
- Please do not allow your pets on the furniture -please bring your own blankets to cover up the furniture if you know that this will be an issue.
- Pets should not be left unattended in the lodges, especially if not crate trained. Your pet is in a strange, new environment, and might therefore do things it would never do at home – chew things, have a little accident or bark incessantly at every little new noise. Please discuss this issue with us if you are in doubt.
Don't Like Dogs or have an Allergy? Don't Despair
Not all our Lodges allow Pets! Although our hygiene standards are extremely high, we recognise that for some that is simply not enough - either due to personal taste or because of an allergy. Therefore, we keep several lodges and both our cottages completely 'Pet-Free' so you can book in confidence, if this is important to you!
Forda and the surrounding environment is a wonderful holiday environment for dogs – lovely walks with fantastic smells! Several local beaches allow dogs, even in the summer.
It's a Dogs Day Out at the Beach
Cornwall is well known for its amazingly beautiful beaches and dogs of all breeds, sizes and ages often love nothing better than a good run on a wide, sandy beach! We are glad to say that the council is trying to be fair – offering both dog friendly and restricted beaches on a pretty fair basis. Most beaches in our area are fully dog-friendly in the winter, whilst only a few have restrictions in the summer. We are pleased to say that our nearest beaches are dog-friendly all year round. Take a look at our beaches page detailing just a few of the great beaches in the area.
Take them for a Pint .... in our Dog Friendly Pubs
Quite a few of the pubs in our area welcome dogs in their beer gardens or even in their bar areas, and many have water bowls outside so your dog can have a 'pint' too! Please ask for our dog-friendly places to eat leaflet- you will also find this information in our guest folders in the lodges.
Health and Safety with your Dog
When holidaying with your dog in Cornwall and Devon, please remember to observe the country code and keep your dog on a lead when near livestock. Care should be taken at all times when splashing around in the sea - there are strong currents and crashing waves. Also avoid walking close to cliff edges! Unfortunately Please be aware that adders can be found in the countryside. They may be seen on warm days, particularly during the spring, when they are coming out of hibernation. We have excellent vets in the area and you will find a full list of local vets in your accommodation.